It’s time to make a change for the better.
Since its introduction to the market in 2014, RemoteLink has been adopted by most former RemoteWare customers.
The world’s largest off-price retailer
Enabling automation in complex environments
Imagine managing the delivery of key operational data for multiple brands, across thousands of stores, in nearly a dozen countries. Then add the need to update software and application configuration on key in-store systems. RemoteLink offers this customer the flexibility and scale to accomplish the busy workload, while providing detailed visibility and tracking of each task.
Top tier US variety store chain
Ensuring timely delivery of critical data at scale
Automating the delivery of critical sales data across more than 15,000 locations is no small task. Triggered by automated endpoint monitoring, this customer uses RemoteLink to manage both data delivery and system configuration updates across their entire store footprint.
One of the largest grocery chains in the US
Workflow automation for diverse environments
It isn’t easy to find a solution that can help manage complex workflows across multiple endpoint platforms. Add dozens of different chains into the mix and things get even more complicated. RemoteLink script automation, client attributes, and flexible scheduling help ensure data gets where it needs to go in this diverse environment.
When considering RemoteWare replacements, other alternatives fall short.
Over the years, the use of RemoteWare expanded far beyond its traditional store polling roots to being leveraged for many other business processes, including the movement of employee records, inventory information, POS configuration files, training materials and the deployment of software. Outlined below are the pros and cons of approaches that are often explored when searching for an alternative solution.
- Low cost
- Narrow function centered on single, specific application data
- Limited operational features and capabilities
- Encourages use of duplicate tools
- May complicate future application decisions and flexibility
Device Management Products
- Modest cost (excluding required customization)
- Widely adopted technology
- Limited visibility for tracking and troubleshooting operationally-critical and time-sensitive data transfers
- Requires extensive scripting and other customizations to achieve functional parity
- Excellent for frequently moving large amounts of transactional data
- Very costly, both in product and implementation resource
- May require significant process change to enable
- Fails to address the balance of the need for movement of non-transaction- oriented operational data
Custom Developed Solutions
- Highly-tailored for the specific needs of the organization
- Typically higher (and unforeseen) costs for both build and operation phases
- Requires significant investment and ongoing resource commitment
- Often lacks maturity of the current and desired off-the-shelf offerings
Our Unique Qualifications
For more than 25 years, we have provided expertise and services related to RemoteWare and other data delivery solutions. We leveraged the extensive knowledge accrued during this time to architect, develop and launch RemoteLink in 2014.
In addition, the highly experienced engineers that performed RemoteWare service work in past are now migrating and supporting RemoteLink customers. Their deep understanding of both solutions, coupled with their cultivated problem-solving skills, ensures challenges and issues are addressed quickly and with minimal operational impact.
RemoteWare Security Advisory
SAP officially ended all support for RemoteWare as of July 2018. RemoteWare 4.3 SP4, the last functional enhancement and maintenance update, was delivered five years earlier in September 2013. Security exposures have been identified with varying versions of RemoteWare 4.3 that could put these and older systems at risk. Below are a few examples: